- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Fine Oak
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon and Sherry Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Light Label
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2007 8:00 pm
25 × in wishlist
199 × member ratings
677 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.86 points
- Overpriced? Sure. Much maligned? Yes, but I'd say, a bit unfairly so. Of course this isn't as rich as its all-sherry-matured counterpart, but it's decent stuff. Good attack, and, most impressively, a very substantial finish considering the low ABV. Distillery character is shining through nicely as well. Definitely a respectable apéritif-style dram.
- A very, very boring, if not bad whisky. Little Mac, little everything.
Lots of freshly unwrapped caramel, banana chips, honey, vanilla, toffee, fine oak, hint of apricot, sweet malt, almonds, macadamia
Toffee, honey, fennel, rosemary, hints of pepper, nutmeg, many tannins, fresh malt, very dry banana, peanuts, vanilla, somehow characterless
Some oak, toffee, vanilla and malt, short to medium, very standard
Milder first impression. Elegant sweetness of vanilla and caramel. Fine fruit notes, which I unfortunately can not specify.
Despite the low alcohol content quite strong onset on the tongue. Pleasant mild spice and also some oak immediately. Sweet malt and a little caramel. Also something fruity is back but I can not name it here.
Medium. Will dry quickly and shows clear oak.
Starts with nuts, fragrant vanilla, egggnog, brittle and caramel sauce. Behind them malted malt, some orange and apricot and oak. Again and again echoes of sweet wine?
Eichiger's entrance paired with floral hay, malt, vanilla, some chocolate, almonds and fruity notes of apple brandy, kirsch and dried apricot. Then it is always doughier and something reminiscent of Rührkuchenteig.
Medium long and chocolaty.
- Not my taste. Noze is very weak and the finish supplies some okay aftertaste which is not very suitable.
- Price/Quality: the best Fine Oak.
Vanilla. Butterscotch. Orange chews.
Mixed fruits, grapefruit and orange. Spices.
Quite long, spicy and fruity.