84.25/100
Speciality Drinks Ltd (SMS)
The Single Malts of Scotland
26.11.1992
24.08.2009
Hogshead
Strength
21 Oct 2009 6:52 pm

Whisky Reviews for Tamnavulin 1992 SMS

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.25 points

1. Furtia scored this whisky 81 points Connoisseur

• Taste

2. magic_slim scored this whisky 82 points Connoisseur

This was fun tasting, intended to make you laugh - the first joint tasting ever with my girlfriend Esme, who had no experience with whisky at all. "If it does not come with cream and an umbrella (like a cocktail) than it is nothing worth drinking".
      magic_slim: Warming, sweet and very fruity (oranges and quinces) with vanilla, cookies and sandalwood. Esme says dried oranges, and I think this is a good description. Quite simple but a lovely aroma.

E: When can I start??? Do I have to smell it first and why is it so
      little???  I am thirsty ...
      Cough, cough ... that was too deep. It is sweet
      and it is burning the nose .... It is a good idea if you have a cold
      ... Vanilla, something woody, wet wood ... There must be some sort of rum
      in there ..."

magic_slim: anything fruity or floral???

E.: little bit of oranges ... I am thinking of dried oranges. This is really interesting, the more I smell the more it smells different. A little bit banana, cherry, dried oranges, alcohol. Can there be something like cork? First I thought lavender but now I smell roses. If lavender, than very little ... lavender water. Ahhhh I can smell the banana .... uiiik ... wow ... I am so excited ... that came so certainly and only with the one nostril.
    • Taste
      magic_slim: Smooth, oily, sweet and quite light. Oak, caramel and a little spirity at first mouthfeel. Develops more into strong black tea. The fruityness of the nose is still there, but much weaker. Good, but the palate is worse than the nose.

Esme: cough cough it is impossible to keep it in my mouth for some seconds. O.k. there is wood. Ohhh it's gonna reach my toe soon. Can I put sugar in it? It smells sweet but it does not taste sweet. Hic! ...now I get the sweet ... There is a strange taste almost like one of your stinking cheeses. But it does not last. Where is the banana? Instead I am getting the stinking cheese. I am disappointed the banana is not there. It is smooth but it still tastes like medicine. Ouch ... this was too much ... tappp, tappp, tappp, I can feel it moving down through my throat.
      It is not in my nature to sip so small. Can you sample through a straw? ...
      magic_slim: short to medium long, develops into strong black tea.

Esme: The finish is better than the start. At the end it is soft somehow. It is either that or my tongue is numb. It is probably because it is dead ... it feels like my lips have Botox now. And now I know the position of my gullet. It is right in the middle. Now I know where my stomach is .... My brain must tell my tongue that it is all right to come back - the shock is all over. What an experience. Plopp and off she fell from the sofa.