- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Distilled
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 1698283 L5
- Added on
- 19 May 2018 3:03 pm by M_B
49 × in wishlist
116 × member ratings
252 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 25-year-old
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.36 points
- Attention in many shops is still the old bottle abgbildet and you get the new bottling, which is no longer made of wood. Does it taste the same as before?
Elegant. Oranges, lemons with honey, peach, a dash of mint. Freshly ground hazelnuts. Harbor water, old wet wood. Some liquid candle wax. Forest floor. Behind it are cherry sweets.
Sweetish, slightly oily. Apples, tangerines, marzipan, almonds. Some pepper. Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and walnuts. A hint of nougat, latte and a hint of smoke. Medium.
- Well ventilated.
- Disappointingly short on the finish.
Tannic and peppery
Woody, it seems batches have been quite active
Medium, clean taste
- Quiet, balanced gentleman whisky. Little sherry influence, quite complex but very set and civilized. For some maybe too quiet.
Malt, light sherry, dusty oak, raspberries, gooseberries
Fruity pastry, salt, seasoning, nuts, some leather
Dryness, wholegrain biscuits, oak
- Very elegant. Light fruity compared to the 12 or even 18er (my absolute favorite).
This typical nuttiness I always come through. This runs through me like a red thread with the Bunnas. Definitely at the AS Bunnas.
Honey, cereals, malt. Potted bright fruits. Apricot compote, a little gooseberry.
Salty spray. But not on the cliff but a few hundred meters away from the surf.
Then comes a heavy oak, but somehow subtle and fresh. A nice bitterness but not too much.
A very nice malt.
a spick Pepper note, Medium Smoke
Medium smoke, Lots of Vanilia, very intensive
Long and intensive