- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Distilled
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 1698283 L5
- Added on
- 19 May 2018 3:25 pm by M_B
36 × in wishlist
68 × member ratings
159 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 25-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.21 points
- Attention in many shops is still the old bottle abgbildet and you get the new bottling, which is no longer made of wood. Does it taste the same as before?
- Quiet, balanced gentleman whisky. Little sherry influence, quite complex but very set and civilized. For some maybe too quiet.
Malt, light sherry, dusty oak, raspberries, gooseberries
Fruity pastry, salt, seasoning, nuts, some leather
Dryness, wholegrain biscuits, oak
- Very elegant. Light fruity compared to the 12 or even 18er (my absolute favorite).
This typical nuttiness I always come through. This runs through me like a red thread with the Bunnas. Definitely at the AS Bunnas.
Honey, cereals, malt. Potted bright fruits. Apricot compote, a little gooseberry.
Salty spray. But not on the cliff but a few hundred meters away from the surf.
Then comes a heavy oak, but somehow subtle and fresh. A nice bitterness but not too much.
A very nice malt.
a spick Pepper note, Medium Smoke
Medium smoke, Lots of Vanilia, very intensive
Long and intensive
Elegant. Oranges, lemons with honey, peach, a dash of mint. Freshly ground hazelnuts. Harbor water, old wet wood. Some liquid candle wax. Forest floor. Behind it are cherry sweets.
Sweetish, slightly oily. Apples, tangerines, marzipan, almonds. Some pepper. Vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and walnuts. A hint of nougat, latte and a hint of smoke. Medium.
- Tasted at the Interwhisky 2018: The overall profile slightly lighter than the old bottling. But still very tasty. Bunna 25 is always, but of course there are a lot of at least equal bottlings for the price.