- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Amoroso Sherry Wood
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Bottle code
- TD-S: 5GS
- Added on
- 19 Oct 2009 11:47 am
5 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
102 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1991
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.30 points
- Original retail price: ~50 €
- I have tasted this DE in parallel to a newer version (2001/2012). There is a clear difference between these two. This malt is more harmonious, sweeter and present on the finish. Unfortunately only to collectors prices to get.
Sweet cotton candy, hard English wine gum, no smoke to smell, honey, chamomile tea, after the first sip is drunk, it is also smoky in the nose
soft and slow arrival, light smoke is spreading, some maritime hints
long and intense, almost glowing, but without a trace of youth like many newer Talisker NAS
- First, very closed, one-dimensional, and generally not impressive at all, not a failure, but nothing special, but standing for half an hour first reveals the fragrance, and then it comes to taste, it rarely happened with sherry whisky, but this is the case, I have an evaluation with 86 now goes to 88-89
- Sweet and fruity, soft and balanced with little smoke. Round and well drinkable dram with a longlasting finish. You should try it.