- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited 1977 Bottling
- Calculated age
- 23 years old
- American Oak Barrels
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Single Highland Vintage Malt Scotch Whisky
- Added on
- 13 May 2018 5:33 pm by robain
2 × in wishlist
3 × member ratings
5 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie 1977
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.67 points
- What a big surprise this morangie. My experience with this house is average, but men this whisky delivers. Full bodied, intense fruits all in good balance with the wood.
- I attended the same vintage tasting as Cask1988. Normally Glenmorangie is not the whisky I am searching for. But this is simply great. Nose is the best part. A single dram like this on a Saturday night is sufficient. A real wow-experience.
Maybe a bit sharp and dry in the finish, which does also not last that long.
- Part of a vintage tasting.
Terrific nose! Complex, fruity, full bodied and still soft, smooth and sweet.
On the taste it’s unusually heavy for a Glenmorangie. Well you don’t expect it to be like this when you are used to the modern days. It is a little fierce maybe but still very nice.
Finish is quite short but very powerful.
Older characteristics come
Through quite nice. Wood influences reveal themselves here.