- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 09 May 2018 4:31 pm by Tabrulavubeg
2 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
95 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 10-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.09 points
- I went to visit some former work colleagues for a day out yesterday and had 6 or 7 of these and I really enjoyed them but this full bottle tasted much better than the 20cl bottle I got in late 2018, this was noticeably better but it could have been because I was enjoying myself i suppose and the company elevated it but still a good buy for the money . One thing I did notice was that it had less pepper than earlier versions. I suppose batch variation could also have something to do with it but very enjoyable all the same.
- On the nose, iodine, vanilla, malt, some moist wood, lemon fruit! On the palate, spices, fruits more on the tangerine, it is well sliced iodized a little peaty, more oily smoke, and wood still. In the finish, on the same aroma, but the wet wood, cooked almonds and salt take over! A dram that smells good, which remains a very good ratio Q / P!
Smoky, salty, sea water,
Sweet and smoky with barley malt, pepper
intense, pepper, chili catch
- There's nothing to complain for it's price/quality.
This is the first bottle of single malt I've ever bought, and there will be much more.
Very pleasant smoky, cirtus aroma on the nose, dig in, you'll be welcomed with the seasalt, black pepper, and the leathery flavor. It's somehow subtle and strong at the same time, subtle on it's mouth feel, but strong on it's flavor.
For new beginners if you hesitate entering the Islay world, try this one first. If you liked it, step in.
- Nice finish to a flight of whisky this evening. Not the best Talisker I've ever had but in comparison to the flight, easily the best whisky in the flight.
- Good batch this year.
- Nose: full, maritime, seaweed, light iodine, salt, fruity sweetness (almost dark fruity), subtle smokiness similar to a nearly cooled barbecue
Taste: creamy, full-bodied, light ashes, pepper and chilli notes, with the time subtle sweetness
Finish: spice, chilli, medium
Conclusion: I got this bottle for my birthday and with it my whisky journey began. This malt has its ups and downs. I can only recommend giving him some time and air. The vigorous maritime notes recede and give more space to explore more subtle flavors. Yet another bottle will probably not be there soon. Smoke does not seem to be my profession.
- Colour: amber
Nose: sweet, raisin, croissant, sweet fruits, berries, light salt, peated smoke.
Mouth: sweet, berries, sweet fruits, peated smoke and pepper.
Finish: long, sweet, oak, chocolate, sweet fruits and peated smoke.
Talisker 10YO 2018 is a very good balanced and tasty whisky.