7 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
72 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caol Ila 2008 ICC
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.79 points
- A young and pleasing Coal Ila, not really complex and profound and without real Aha effects, but thanks to the beautiful red wine notes very tasty and yummy. Very nice label. Only the price is clearly exaggerated.
- Typical, young Caol Ila. A lot of smoke in the nose, not even as "vinous" as hoped and the color suggests. Needs some time in the glass. Taste without rough carving, but also not very complex. Nice "tasty" and despite cask strength wonderful to drink. Departure except for the smoke (of course) rather short.
Pleasant drinking whisky, priced but too ambitious. There are similar bottlings of young Caol Ilas at much lower prices on the market.
- Great barrel experiment, wonderful wine notes. Unfortunately, the Bourbon barrel was a bit "thin", I hoped for more. The finish is quite short. Great summer malt to wegsüffeln, despite cask strength. Please more of such bottlings.
- Beautiful Caol Ila, nice sweet and fruity notes, and surprisingly smooth and drinkable for such a high Abv.
Sweet smoke, fruity, nice full ‘nose’. Tobacco as well. Tropical fruits.
Slightly pepper, surprisingly soft and smooth fot this Abv. Sweet smoke, tropical fruits, some honey, caramel as well.
Still some pepper left, licorice, sal ammoniac, some sweet smoke remains, ash, tobacco, some peach and honey. Long finish.
- Young and strong whisky with a lot of flavours, the wood taste is for me just a bit to long and not enough peatyniss. But for wine lovers a great way to learn the peated whisky's
well-tipped peaty nose with a hint of fruit and wine that comes through
soft and creamy feeling in the mouth, wood and skewered taste is prominent
wooden taste, followed by the wine taste and only afterwards the peat comes through, and it stays there for a long time