- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Freshly squeezed sugar cane and kumquat juice
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 61.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 May 2018 10:13 am by Tauti
2 × in wishlist
14 × member ratings
18 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mannochmore 2008 SMWS 64.101
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.08 points
- Pronounced "zesty" and fully laden with citrus fruits such as bergamot or lime, bitter oranges; Lots of acid, this time not from the oak.
Green notes, brown sugar, Rumfassnuancen, pineapple, oak, tropical fruity but "zesty", slightly alcoholic;
Lemon, limejuice, grated citrus fruits / peel, oak, malt, rye, warming, dry;
Sweet tropical with pineapple, cane sugar, oak, bergamot, lemon zest, endives (salad);
Warming, sweet, grated citrus peel, lime juice;
- Issueprice May 2018: 56.50 GBP
Another exciting single malt, which one did not have on the bill and where one notices that age does not always play a role. The delicate woody spice and the legendary fruitiness, powerful and harmonious, make this Mannochmore a real experience! Great!!
- SMWS Tasting Notes: A tropical fruit salad with pineapple, mango, papaya and kiwi, drizzle some lime juice over it and add a dash of mint sugar – you could almost feel the glow of the sun warming your skin. Mouth-watering mellow and fresh with a minty citrus flavour like a burnt orange & escarole salad where the oranges are caramelized in honey. With a drop of water a gentle perfumed floral aroma was released with a touch of sweet ginger tea, whilst on the palate like a banana split made with strawberries, fresh pineapple junks, dipping chocolate and chopped peanuts, as well as freshly squeezed juice from sugarcane stalks mixed with kumquat juice.