75.89/100
Oloroso Sherry Finish
Strength
30 Apr 2018 5:31 pm by Pyklet

Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura 10-year-old

12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.89 points

1. markjedi1 scored this whisky 71 points Connoisseur

To be honest, there is no improvement in my book. Pity.
      The nose offers hay, plasticine, manure (I am not kidding), lemons and oranges. Loads of earthy notes and a salty edge. I have to say, I am still not very fond of this.
    • Taste
      It is oily and sweet on the palate, but immediately shows some wet cardboard and earth. A salty edge, once more. But it is not really fruity. I get some caramel and walnuts. Turns a bit bitter.
      The finish is medium long, dry and bitter.

2. Willum scored this whisky 75 points Connoisseur

3. TheTastyNoser scored this whisky 46 points Member Senior

Of course this whisky was distilled with love and attention. It is just so "iodine" that I think I am drinking hospital disinfectant. Sorry. Not my personal taste. That's why the low rating. Can't get used to it either.
      Salty, medicinal
    • Taste
      Iodine, salt, medicinal. Not peaty.
      Salty, iodine.

4. wembleytor scored this whisky 85 points Member Junior

Very fruity. Sweetness hides the smoke, which only comes through late on and is fairly light. Fruitier than I would normally go for, but that's no bad thing in this case as it wears it well. Having seen some bad reviews I was wary, but this was a pleasant surprise and excellent value for money.

5. mihata44 scored this whisky 70 points Newbie

Light brown colored. Little harshness still. Not so smokey as Islay whisky’s.

6. DarrenHJA scored this whisky 59 points Connoisseur

7. rolabob scored this whisky 80 points Expert Senior

8. karloff scored this whisky 45 points Specialist

It's a Shame how Jura has fallen, I tried the 18 not so long ago and it was piss poor. I don't know what is going on but I really do hope they get their shit together.
      Ripe plums, raisins, dried banana, cereal like bran, fruit malt loaf and black grape.
      There seems to be an artificial note but I can't quite put my finger on it.
      I know this has been watered down but the watered down smells like it's watered down, if you know what i mean.
    • Taste
      That artificial note again, it's as if someone has added essence to the glass. What follows is nothing exciting or original or different. It really is average which is a shame.
      The finish is the worst thing about it, it's like right that's it I've tried my best and if my best isn't good enough I'm off. Goodbye. Thee End.

9. toklian scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

N20 P20 F20 B20

10. Alessandr0 scored this whisky 75 points Newbie

Nice inexpensive Scotch. Soft, moderately sweet, with a pleasant aroma. Women should like it.
      The fragrance is very sweet. Fresh apples, vanilla, cinnamon, sour pastries.
    • Taste
      Apples, dried fruit, spices. Unlike the smell, the taste is not sweet, almost dry.
      Finish is short and indistinct. Sine, straw and something a little bit bitter and tart.