85.50/100
Strength
11 Oct 2009 9:37 am

Whisky Reviews for Longrow 10-year-old

11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.50 points

1. Макс scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

2. Kensay scored this whisky 86 points Expert Junior

Rich, exotic fruits, vanilla, cinnamon

Oily, sweetish, at first a little pepper, then a little iodine and sea salt,

Medium finish, spice, pear

Very smooth, good ten

3. Kumachan scored this whisky 82 points Expert Junior

A charming nose, fresh and fruity with a peat typical of this house, a beautiful painting but ..... The painting is not dry ... And under this nose embellished, the mouth is really not. What a pity. Where will not you tell me. If it had to be given a subjective note, it would be a 82.
      Straw yellow color, few tears, thin and fast. Blind to the nose, I would have confused with the Springbank 12 years CS 2017. It is clear that the Springbank identity is there. Peat burnt, earthy and iodized, fruity, vanilla and spicy. White flowers, violet, pear and white pepper, lactic like some Beaune wine. Melon, Khaki and lime. A fresh and tangy nose.
    • Taste
      Opens on rubber, earth and burnt wood. Hot wax. It's creamy, vanilla pear, and maritime at the same time: licorice, mineral, wet and iodized rock. Little grilled feeling.
      The finish is short on the sea, salty and iodized squall. The empty glass is burnt camphorated and grilled.

4. Kumachan scored this whisky 82 points Expert Junior

5. Koalafant scored this whisky 85 points Expert Senior

BLINDTASTING:
    I like it quite well (85/100), but not quite my prey scheme. I'm guessing on a bourbon-barreled malt at about 46%. Spey or Low. Maybe a Glen Elgin?
      Very lemony freshness with subtle smoke and hints of passion fruit and some green apples and pears. No alcohol noticeable. Later some hay and grass. Was there smoke before? Now there is no one left.
    • Taste
      On the palate more hay and grass as well as shaky notes (shortbread) and a very subtle citrus note. Very round. Almost no alcohol noticeable. In the second sip a nice matching bitterness and a mixture of alcoholic u. peppery pungency. No smoke.
      Finisch long and soft.

6. lachaineduwhisky did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

I'm so happy to still be able to excite myself so much after 1279 whiskys on young official traffic jams like this one! (This distillery will have rarely left me marble)
    Enthusiasm 5/5
      I just point out the context: I tasted the Springbank 10 years ago and I completely fell in love. So I have very high expectations in approaching this dram.

I find the spirit Springbank immediately with this magic duet "soot / fruit", but in a smokier version, even meat. Fresh and creamy, my emotion is intact!
    • Taste
      I find these sensations in the mouth. It's juicy, vanilla, subtly spiced and malty. The smoke is there, without dominating.
      Smoke sweet and nice length.

[February, 2012]  I had this dram during a "Springbank" tasting at Bonn.

In
    my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
    - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 87,5.  I took no detailed notes.

[February, 2003]  I had a cask sample from the 2003 batch during a MaRa
    Springbank tasting in Limburg. It was a refill cask with an abv of 54,1%.  In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
    - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 87,5.
    My notes state a rich profile on peaty/smoky and wooden flavours with some bacon aromas.  It gets better with some water added.

9. Andytka3 scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

Nose:-
    Fragrance, breath in the oiliness of the pomero, nutmeg and packed of
    exotic fruits. Cereal note as well the medium layer of peat.

Palate:- Firm and well balance mouthfeel. Bitter chocolate and plum coated by accessible peat smoke. Sweetened hot oatmeal. Finish:- Light spiciness creep on the finish, solid taste of chocking
    ashes. Long and enduring, hard to shake it off, but in a good way.
    Love it.

— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.

10. wcotting scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior