- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Beige Label
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2009 1:36 pm
9 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
312 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.36 points
- A more sour 10-yo than the 'two later versions'. More subtle. It took me a while, because I enjoy strong and punchy SB so much, but I started to appreciate it as the bottle got more empty. A blind tasting confirmed this is just an excellent SB expression. Different from later 10-yo bottlings, but still quite good.
- 1575) Springbank, 10YO (Early Y2K release)
SB#4, Beige Label Springbank prior to 2006. Thanks a good friend on sharing this not so easily find stuff. So how was a Springbank 10YO back 21years ago, I must say that their the Springbank 10YO of 2010s releases were very very good.
N- Despite being well oxidized, the penetrating zest still in the air to tease and awake your senses. Caramelized citrus over burning leaf, grassy with classic touch of rust and smoke green tea. Subtle bourbon notes with distillates shines on the name of Springbank. Get more floral over times, but seems lack the alluring scents of coastal. (87/21)
P- Boiled spices with rock candy and bunches of whole citrus. Gentle, liquorice drops candy follow by creamy and dry leaf lingers. (87/21)
F- Medium-long, love the waxy feel over the earthy herbs and bitter edge. With thick spicy smokes that stays at the back palate. (89/22)
Weighted Rate- 86pt, worth to get a +1 on hard to find.
Coals, green apple, wax, honey, a drop of varnish.
As always perfect under the straw.
- Nose - Green apple, cinema popcorn, slightly baked red apple, mint, eucalyptus, ripen pear, green pineapple & green pine leaves. Mixed between ripe and unripe. Hint of smoke heather in the back.
Mouth - Oak, spice, green apple, ginger, smoke, pine, slight sweetness.
Finish - Rather long, smoke, pine leaves.
Thoughts - Quite a complex whisky, good nose and taste, different from most 10 year old whisky, I have tried before.
- Fruity with a whiff of peat at the end.
Vanilla, fruity, oranges, plums, apples, apricot, malt, oily, brine
Sweet with a prickle, pepper, fruity, spices and a little bitter towards the end
Oily, a whiff of peatsmoke, some mint, banana and oranges
- In comparison with a newer version (2013), this one is fruitier.
A bit cheesy at first. Papaya, apricot jam, peat, vanilla and a little banana.
Dried apricot, peat, mango, vanilla and pepper.
Peach, peat, mango and orange.
- colour: straw yellow
Nose: quite light for its ABV of 46%. Fresh fruit, a bit of honey. Malt comes through
Taste: Fresh fruits, but also dried fruits. A bit of smoke. Rather spicy too.
Finish: dry. complexity reasonable. long finish
Bottle: the typical Springbank (Campbelltown bottle)
Light brine,spice,rounded malt, pear.Hits of honey and herbs.
Mix of dry and sweet,tinned pear,citrus.Suggestion of smoke
Body is rich and oily.Mouth-coating. Salty aftertaste,Melon.