- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Lateltin Lanz Ingold 100th Anniversary
- Calculated age
- 35 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Oct 2009 3:15 pm
25 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
24 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1964 Private Bottling
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.76 points
- An excellent malt. He impresses with an outstanding coloring and a unique nose.
The 100th anniversary of Lateltin Lanz Ingold was 1999. That means the malt is 34 or 35 years old.
- [November, 2000] I had this dram during a Springbank rarities tasting at Rolandsbogen. In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this
95+. My notes state an unbelievably balanced and smooth flavour profile with some very interesting herbal aromas. The finish is very long.
- ... a 2 cl sample is not enough :)
Sweet with fruit in rum at first nosing. Very fruity, dominated by notes of prunes. I get some honey as well, and left over rum pipe tobacco, furniture polish. A superb nose.
Fruity in the beginning, than very spicy with notes of strong black tea.
Very long, spicy and dry with notes of dry sherry.
- "A 1964 vintage Springbank, bottled in honour of the 100th anniversary of
Swizz drinks importer Lateltin Lanz Ingold (aka Lateltin)."