26 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
71 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore JW
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.26 points
- I needed a G&T to clean my palate from the 666 sulphur, if you like this, you'll like this beast of hell. Love it or hate it is not the question that is decided half way down the bottle. It is immediate.
- A real bastard! Ledier horny! But too expensive! PLV: 7/10
Sulfur! A match in the nose! Leather, red fruits, burnt peanuts;
Sulfur-rich, sour cucumbers, tart and fruity alike, burnt tires, Maggi! Umami! Nut...
Sulfur, spicy, meaty and smoky!
- The digital dual code on the label reads as „bowmore“ in ASCII.
(011000010 = 0 + 64 + 32 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 2 + 0 = 98 = „b“)
- Today I try this whisky that appears from reviews to be a love or hate it bottle. Let's see how it tastes.
Nose is quite potent with gun flint, bicycle inner tube, burnt orange, smoked bacon, redskin peanuts, and then red berries and finally light chocolate in the background.
Palate continues with burnt oranges, the redskin peanuts are now over-roasted, creamy milk chocolate, then becomes oily with pepper sauce.
Finish lingers on the where the palate left off with the pepper coming to the fore followed by oranges and chocolate for a moderate length.
- There is something really off in this bottling. I have found it in different distilleries (Glenfarclas and Macallan). It's a "nasty" oiliness. What I have found is that people love this or hate this. I fall into the category of hate. If this was based on my enjoyment rather than an overall rating, I would place this closer to 30. It has elements that are quite good but this one factor makes this almost undrinkable for me. This is not to say that those with higher ratings are wrong; they just don't find what I call a flaw to be undesirable. Enjoy if you have it.
- A diabolical bowmore, demanding and fascinating at the same time.
dark and dirty like Powidl, leather, bacon, candied orange peel and smoking colts, with maritime notes and sulfur
dark, sweet and dirty, sulfur, lacquer, leather, charred gum, spicy anise and turmeric, and burnt meat
long and sweet at the same time, memories of matchstick heads, blown out candles, fennel and meat are awakened
- Sample from Limburg: strong sulfite grade, pencil lead (in the elementary school sucked!).