- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 20th Anniversary Bottling
- Calculated age
- 19 years old
- 1st Fill Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 56.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 23 Apr 2018 11:59 am by z-imaging
34 × in wishlist
65 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 1998
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.54 points
- fruity, dark berries, hints of moldy wine cellar, some vanilla, some honey, some very fine spices, a bit oaky but just perfect. Is there a trace of peat? very gentle peat? finish is nice and fruty, long lasting. fine compex single malt! (WSZ18)
- Can you be disappointed and still give 90 points?
In this case it is the case with me. It is a very good malt that brings everything with it. Power, spice and sweetness. But for me that certain something is missing, the tension that makes it an anniversary whisky and in particular justifies this price.
- 20 years, is it worth it?
glue to the nostrils, then sensation of finer almonds, then smoke "light", very sweet, very ethereal!
return vanilla, and fine sherry on cooked apples and a little caramelized
sweetness meringue, vanilla, creamy,
the smoke, just like a line, which gives more character, more expression, we also have fruit cooked on the apple, the grapes are cooked
quite long, on these same aromas, with cooking spices and this fine smoke.