- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- for this bottle code is another bottling date also available (127511)
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 Apr 2018 5:52 pm by stmb
26 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
235 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 21-year-old Parliament
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.55 points
- Excellent full, sweet and intense sherry keg-matured malt. Very complex and complex. For me is not considering the price before the GD 18 years.
full and very complex; distinct sherry note; Sweet; dark fruits in alcohol (including prune, raisin); spices; a little heavier sweeter than the 18J
heavy and complex; very oily-creamy in the mouth, very sweet onset; Dried fruits, beautifully integrated dry oak
long and a bit dry; very spicy; Sweetness holds, in addition to light, slightly bitter notes, slightly nutty
- Long-time Glendronach fan. Unfortunately, the core range has drastically changed over time (not for the better). I think this is well worth the price tag and prefer it by a mile over the Allardice, but I can't stop myself from comparing this to what it used to be.
At first nosing you think this is a dark rum. After it settles you get a super sweet and bright sherry nose - toffee, pecans, and rum-soaked raisins - and then whiffs of smoke.
Really sweet and meaty... like honey glazed hickory-smoked beef jerky. Some leathery and chocolatey notes. Too simple, too sweet, and not much sherry character!
Medium, a little herbal, some chocolate, and the hickory smoke continues.
- In store tasting...
A very good easy sherry bomb, syrupy texture and quite sweet. Very quaffable. Not sure on what batch. Preliminary 88 points