- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Ex-Bourbon + PX Sherry Finish
- 44.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Travel Retail Exclusive
- Added on
- 03 Apr 2018 8:42 am by wbarchive_506746
one in wishlist
20 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura The Loch
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.67 points
- The colour is dark amber. The nose is sweet with cacao, chocolate, perfume, dried fruits, spices, plum jam and caramel notes. The palate is smooth, dry with very light sweetness and notes of dried fruits, spices and very light smoke. The finish is a middle, spicy and sweet with spices, pepper, chocolate and light smoke notes. As usual Pedro Ximenez casks add a strong sweetness, but here it’s a very delicate and light. The Loch has a good balance and taste. I gave 82 points. It’s a good whisky for daily drinking.
- In the smell light, almost meaningless.
In the mouth comes the sherry.
Soft and creamy.
Yes, that's good.
- This whisky wins the smell. Taste is a pleasant relish a little weaker.
The aroma is full of dill, there is a brewery's profile, delicate dullness is hidden under the tones of spice wood and sweet sherry.
The flavor is strongly woody, but not bitter. Sherry plays a friendly accompaniment mingling with spice tones. Milk chocolate, a drop of coffee and fine tones of St. John's Wort complement.
The mouthpiece is drier longer and gently turns into woody bitterness with tones of sherry.