35 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
158 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Blended Malt Scotch Whisky Sherry Cask Matured
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.08 points
- Excellent sherry blend with great value for money. A very nice everyday dram.
- Pleasant and round sherry whiskey. Relatively simple, but very good value for money.
a lot of red fruit, fruity sherry, strawberry limes, a hint of vanilla. Nice, but not so complex.
Silky mouthfeel, fruity with full sherry notes.
- Seems to be mainly young Glenrothes. I also categorise Dalmore and Macallan in this style, but Glenrothes is most likely here. This is a style that generally isn't regarded very highly, so I'm surprised by the high scores for this one. I suppose the scceptable price plays a role there.
Cherry, malt, orange, almond, fig and honey.
Malt, cherry, caramel, liquorice and mocha.
Cherry, bread, caramel, orange, apple and chestnut.
- Lots of sherry on the nose but what stands out most to me is the dark chocolate on the palate. Really lovely, especially for less than 35 euros a bottle.
- Sherry, chocolate, white pepper and a mad PLV. Great Daily Dram!
- Probably not very old, but it's still very lively and refreshing.
Being bottled at 44,2% is just about right. Not sure if 46% would have been better, but pretty sure it would have been a dud at 40%.
Anyway, I got my bottles at £27 and that is bang for the buck.
Very sweet and fruity.
Rich and interesting, but almost completely without wood notes. OK, maybe a tiny hint of dense mahogany.
This, and the dark ruby red color make it both look and smell almost like a cherry liquer, which is pleasant enough.
From a distance there is what I find to remind me of wild strawberries, and I love those.
Starts off a bit dry and a bit thin, but it quickly improves.
Sweet and fruity. Apart from plums it's kind of hard to separate out. Floral with a growing spice.
Far from complex, still very pleasing.
Would be a great nip next to a sweet desert.
Sweet, with spice staying on into the finish.
A little nutty at the very end.
- Very good sherry matured price/quality.
- TASTING NOTE LMDW:
Nose: rich, candied plums, pine resin, nuts.
Palate: balanced, bourbon vanilla, clove, roasted pineapple.
Finale: long on dried fruits.