- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Release No. 1
- Calculated age
- 03 years old
- 1st Fill Bourbon, Virgin Oak Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 02 Apr 2018 10:20 am by Dris
14 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
339 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for 1770 Glasgow Single Malt
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.91 points
- How come this has shoplinks for the original retail price, when they claimed the ballot was closed and all 5000 bottles were sold over half a year ago?
- Surprisingly very good and complex for a 3 year old malt, first scoring is 86/87. But yet there is a bit taint taste too.
Floral. Waxy fruits, especially pears and apples. Honey, lacquered wood and touch of saffron.
Dried and baked fruits, caramel, orange peel, pepper and touch of gum.
Medium length, spicy, sweet.
- The taste is quite interesting. The nose also looks complex. But unfortunately he cannot hide his youth. Nevertheless, I am curious how it will taste in older age. The potential is that
Fruit gum / wine gum notes result in a slight sweetness. Then the flower meadow comes. Surprisingly fresh, but also a bit pungent, almost musty, which I don't like at all .. Freshly sawn wood.
The sweetness stays. But unfortunately also something pungent. Quite complex. The wine gum notes prevail. Blossom honey, exotic fruits.
Short and dry. The sweetness fades and bitter notes remain.
- I think the unfortunately much too fresh oak-dominated, young and oak, almost bourbon-like.
The nose is very spicy, oaky, vanilla, spices, nutmeg, only subtle fruit in the background, the fresh oak beats neat. One can guess a slightly grassy, Lowlander-typical note.
herbaceous, grassy, slightly alcoholic, not spicy, really alcoholic, oak, menthol, spices.
quite long on oak and spices, a hint of vanilla.
- Matured in first-fill ex-bourbon casks and finished in virgin oak casks
Fresh, fruity (apricots, oranges, citrus, apples, pears, pineapple), grassy, herbs, sweet barley, peppery
Fresh, fruity (green apples, pears, apricots, oranges), toffee, spicy (cardamon, cinnamon, pepper), beeswax, creamy, sweet, rhubarb
Long, sweet, honey, biscuits