- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 50th Anniversary Bottling
- Calculated age
- 28 years old
- Number of bottles
- 45.4 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 01 Apr 2018 5:14 pm by ctu
9 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
46 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 1989
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.74 points
- Nutty sherry, orange, a bit of oakiness, quite nice
- Nice development, very subtle finish.
- Maybe not a complete surprise that this is not my favourite of the series, as the alcohol percentage should normally be much higher, even after more than a quarter century of maturation.
This has a slight dirty edge to it. Quite meaty, with stewed fruits, but also honey, caramel, wax and coconut shavings. Finally a hint of milk chocolate, soma raisins and ginger.
Sweet, dry and with a subtle sourness. Cherry syrup at first, then oak shavings, and spices (nutmeg and ginger mainly). Finally some dark chocolate.
A lingering dryness, and after a while some stewed apples.
- My member rating is not accurate, around and about 88 points