- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Calculated age
- 05 years old
- 42.0 % Vol.
- 350 ml
- Added on
- 26 Mar 2018 6:28 pm by argusan
one in wishlist
12 × member ratings
19 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edelbrände Senft 2013
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 74.30 points
- It is very nice that something is being done in the area of whisky in the Lake Constance region, which is fundamentally worthy of support. This whisky just isn't there yet. The character of other spirits that simply do not resemble whisky is still too strong. Unpleasant sulphurous notes on the nose and young sharpness on the tongue.
- Can a whisky in a bottle go bad?
After opening it came a really rotten smell. In terms of taste, it was still halfway. But it is absolutely nothing for the nose. I had never smelled such bad whisky before. I could have really saved the money.
- Aroma: spicy, low in smoke, slightly fruity.
Taste: light sweetness, heather, some toffee
Finish: longer finish, warming.
- So again I do not need that. This funny citrus note is not all that good.
An unpleasant note that suits me. Such an artificial citrus note. Citrus cleaner. Interestingly enough, I had the same note at Corner Creek (WID: 18896). Also gummy bears. Campari also comes to my mind. In addition, vanilla and wood notes.
Fairly mild (watery) and oily. This citrus note is now more so bad and penetrating. But still clearly there. In addition a pronounced sweetness. Reminds now more of an artificial, sweet citrus lemonade. Then orange peel.
The oak tingles a bit and makes it drier. The citrus notes gradually fade. Somewhat musty oak.