86.07/100
Germany Exclusive
04 Mar 2018 8:05 pm by magic_slim
UncoloredCask StrengthSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky Reviews for Tipperary 2007

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.07 points

1. mothers_finest scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

Not a bad malt but too stormy and too vague. The port is right in the nose and on the palate. Everything is very fruity, typically Port; I just miss the balance. Although the whiskey has at least 10 years but I taste younger ... Somehow, the fruity port seems to want to neutralize me here quite a strong whiskey (I would have estimated him at least 55% vol) neutralize. Maybe I'm not the big Irish fan; I dont know... Good; Butter with the fish - bad is different, and for 'sharp parts' there is water - nonetheless at this price (not included in my rating) I expect a tick more ..

2. Ana Chronist scored this whisky 88 points Expert Senior

3. HarryBG scored this whisky 84 points Expert Junior

Irish whiskey and I, apart from a few exceptions, I don't think we become close friends. The corrosive fluid I find in a many Irish bottlings. Nonetheless I can appreciate this one for not being boring or nondescript.
      Fruity with a hint of glue or corrosive fluid, alcoholic acerbity, then fruit again, a little bit like strawberries, dipped in rum.
    • Taste
      Alcoholic first, then a little creaminess, pepper and a hint of the strawberries. Also wood and bitterness, like the skin of a walnut.
      Medium, pepper, wood and bitterness followed by a fruity reprise.

4. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

Powerful representative who takes more cask than wine. I like it, although I'm not such a big friend of Port Finishes.
      Grain, grass, spicy, lemon zest, and, of course, neat Port, but surprisingly not too sweet and too vinous, more tobacco and slightly musty oak
    • Taste
      Very strong in the mouth, almost bitter, oak, dark chocolate, the port is there, but rather the wood side, less the wine.
      Woody aromas, some menthol, tobacco, a hint of fruit.