Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Glen Garioch 21-year-old

mikespike
Expert Junior mikespike Note
15 Jul 2013 4:26 pm
mikespike gave this whisky 92 points

I have opened this decanter to celebrate with my brother-in-law the birth of his son. I am not a sucker for ceramic decanters as they often are used to increase the price and the apprearance of an otherwise mediocre malt whisky.
I was however surprised by the smoothness of this bottling, also by the many floral and fruity notes and the excellent balance -so I rate this 92 points (without having done a tasting versus other bottlings at that very day). One thing is very clear- the recent usual 21YO Glen Garioch bottlings are not playing in the same league but in my opinion in the 80-85 points range, thus not being money well spent. Just my humble opinion. Cheers, Mike