Lagavulin 08-year-old

03 Mar 2018 12:46 am by NCC-1031
Colored

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 08-year-old

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.00 points

[May, 2016] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 55 Euro in April, 2016.

[February, 2017] Together with friends I emptied another bottle that I bought for 52 Euro in April, 2016.

Excellent cask selection by Iain or whoever was responsible for that - a fat, clean, absolutely flawless Lagavulin that represents the distillery profile to its best. This review is on the first (spring) batch. Yes, it is just 8 years old but by no means it is immature - despite its young age. I had a lot of much, much older whiskies that were less mature than this one (and usually full of flaws).

If one wants to discover the original, unmasked Lagavulin profile this is the dram to start with. Forget about the sherry drained 16 year old (a very nice dram, indeed) or the even more masked Distillers Edition (I like it very much too, but again, this is Lagavulin in disguise).

I am absolutely flabbergasted by this release - Lagavulin as naked as a Lagavulin can be. The price is more than okayish, and looking at the quality of this dram I even would call this a bargain. I will save some bottles for my retirement (you know, when you get older your senses will weaken and therefore you prefer strong, powerful and clean spirits then - just the way this Lagavulin is). Not kidding....
    • Taste