- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pure Highland Malt Scotch Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- Glass printed label
- Added on
- 26 Sep 2009 5:39 pm
12 × in wishlist
67 × member ratings
202 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Strathisla 12-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.29 points
- This one is rather light and fresh than heavy. Though it made it into my list of daily drams. I like this older edition much better than the new one at 40% abv (round bottle).
Citrus and ripe fruits, malty
Citrus fruits, little sweetness, oily and liquorice, just little oak notes
- What he promises in the nose and the first taste is quickly lost and ends in a weak finish. But for a 12-year-old but acceptable.
- A sweet product, easy, sweet, very very simple. Good for its price, but lacks power.
Green apple, caramelized apples, some wood and spices (vanilla, cinnamon)
Very sweet ... Apple tatin, caramel, pear, vanilla, wood. No thickness and a short length.
Average, on vanilla sugar, apple.
Oranges, Christmas spices, a little flowers, wood. I have such impressions of a sweetness. (84 b)
The flavor is perfectly matched with the scent. Rich blend of oranges, spices, wood (well thought out). Spicy. (84 b)
- Fantastic nose, but the taste can't deliver..
Tingling nose feeling, from the spirity aromas. Very fruity, apricot, peach and a hint of lemon.
This whisky are very smooth, but lacks lot of flavors. I can feel yeast, little grain feeling. And of course there is fruits also. But I want more layers of flavors.
Short finish, woody and leafy notes.