- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Foundations Series
- Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 60.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Non Peated
- Added on
- 12 Feb 2018 6:11 pm by NRS
13 × in wishlist
16 × member ratings
63 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Akkeshi New Born 1
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.07 points
- It's really special. Very empty in the mouth and on the finish. Very unpleasant on the nose.
Round, toffee, plum. Grape that turned. Light vomit. Strawberry. Ethanol. Milk. Banana.
On the palate it is very watery, on the milk, the mineral. Very little taste.
Final on the fleet and some herbs.
- Nose: Fresh, sweet distillate driven, malty, green apples. A little oak with water added.Mouth: some heat from the 60% abv, malty, salt and spicies, with more oak on the finish.
- Interesting Intense dried grapes character.
- First ever release from the Akkeshi distillery - Foundations 1. From a limited number of bourbon barrels (matured between 5 months~14 months). Cost 3300 JPY.