- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Black Label Screw cap
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 750 ml
- No abv, no size, clear glass, bottling from the 1960's
- Added on
- 12 Feb 2018 1:18 pm by dram-drinker
0 × in wishlist
4 × member ratings
2 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 08-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.50 points
- Intriguing bottling, orange marmelade, toffee, surprisingly rich. Only 8yo, what a cask it must have been, brilliant!
- Tasted this one blind, and the notes are based on that. Thanks dd..!! Nice supersmooth nose. Palate and finish somewhat a bit rougher if that makes sense, still enjoyable :)
This is an old release, not necessarily old content. 15 years ? 48-52%. Hm, if I was to Guess, it would be Springbank bourbon matured
Strawberries, Peaches. Marzipance. Fresh apple juice. Grassy notes. Slightly Chemical. Some citrus.
Now it evolves even more. Orange marmelade. Tonic. Some old bottle effect. Then tropical With banana and kiwi.
Nice mouthfeel, a bit mouthwatering. Peppery. Grapefruit. Hebs. Some salt and gentle peat? Banana and melon. Blue berries.
Quite long. Liquerice. Some oak influence. Orange zesty. Vanilla. A bit drying Development. Then some Old bottle effect in the very end again
- A darker expression of the 8-year old with a unique bottle shape that seems more mature than the stated age – the best 8-year-old so far – never seen this anywhere else before – great stuff!
Cooked oranges, old books, pencil shavings, toffee – very good
Fresh, fruity, blood oranges, fine sherry wood, subtle sweetness, toffee, milk chocolate
Medium long, more herbal, grapefruits too