- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- American and European Oak Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L6306CM000 59536970
- Added on
- 11 Feb 2018 1:04 pm by Grote Boze
one in wishlist
44 × member ratings
137 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 72.38 points
- Honeyed scent on the nose, fairly full on alcohol and slight abrasive punch. The palate is a little flat, with a sickly element. Not an expensive dram but was hoping for a little more from Dalwhinnie, perhaps misplaced from a whisky produced for mass market and with an added sweetness abvoiuolsy trying to appeal to mass market
- From the freezer, viscous in the glass. Smells of morning dew, wood, just after first welcoming with a nose. (hello) black pepper, vanilla creme brûlée (how are you doing).
Taste wood (oak), spicy (notes of clove, nutmeg), fruity pear
- Sweet honey, flowers, vanilla and fruit on the nose.
The taste: clear honey. This is a whisky for the sweet lover! It is also certainly spicy. Has some fresh in it which reminds me of mint. Oranges, apricot and plums and caramel.
Actually there is a surprising amount of taste in this whisky and you only appreciate it more after you have drunk it frozen.
The aftertaste is nice and warm, thick and oily. Chocolate, honey, vanilla.
- A simple, decent Dalwhinnie for a reasonable price!
fresh citrus fruits (oranges, peaches), sweet malt, light oak;
strong, sparkling, fruity onset, oranges, peaches, honey, fine vanilla, spice, pepper, tasty, seems a little unripe;
medium length finish; fruity floral aftertaste;
- This one was a present. I like the story behind it: only winter distillates were used, nice one for Xmas. But apart from this, rather underwhelming. Drinkable, yes. But nothing special. If I can be bothered, I'll add some tasting notes.