- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Seasons - 2017 Winter
- Calculated age
- 10 years old
- 2nd Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 56.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky Import
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2018 6:41 pm by whiskyinstitut
3 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
190 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2007 SV
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.24 points
- Perfect combination of oloroso sherry, peat and smoke.
- Not too grotesque, smoky and complex Ballechin, but it's easy to drink an affordable price.
Forest fruits, citruses, sulfuric and acidic wine, camphor, herbals and burnt gum.
Powerful and creamy. Sweet fruits. Spicy oak. Nutmeg and pepper. Discrete smoke and sawdust.
Long, spicy, dry.
- The nose opens with smoked bacon, followed by berry fruit aromas. Everything is relatively diffuse and not very present. After adding water, a little vanilla is added and it becomes a little creamier but not really more intense.
Already a bit fuller in the mouth, despite the young age, clear oak that continues into the finish. In addition, there is some ash and sweet and sour dried fruits. At the end there is unfortunately a slight metallic appearance. The alcohol is always well integrated and hardly disturbs.
Interesting bottling, but I guess that at the age of 2 or 3 it would have been more present and balanced in the barrel.