- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 06 Feb 2018 2:27 pm by SAND
5 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
63 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Garioch 12-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.59 points
- Not bad. Lots of thick bourbon and slightly fruity notes of sherry. Good standard!
- NOSE: Fruity and malty; sweet, malt, grain and butter, butter toffee, sweet cream, treacle, buttered toast, toasted wood, baked bananas, dried mango and papaya, dried apple with sprinkles of cinnamon. Water turns the nose (even) more bourbonny. (90p)
TASTE: The arrival is sweet, malty and slightly woody. The mid palate is less sweet and moderately spicy with cinnamon, dried ginger and some black and white pepper. Medium rich mouthfeel and viscosity. Water makes it a little sweeter on the palate. (87p)
FINISH: The exit and aftertaste is dry and mildly spicy. (85p)
OVERALL: This whisky was opened over a year ago. During oxidation it has lost some of its initial sweetness on the palate. Total score 87 points (I think I would have scored it 88 or 89 a year ago).
- Nose: Nice Vanilla and Cinnamon, tiny smoke beautiful
Taste: Sweet sadly not as complex as the smell would suggest. Too strong
Finish: Again not complex very strong more like an irish whisky. Overall: Personally I miss peat and smoke. Nose beautiful but sadly not taste.
- Good value for the money. Perfekt dram for the Winter.
Sherry, Rum, Raisins, Nuts, Cinnamon, Fruits (Plum Orange, Apple, ...), Leather, Honey, Vanilla
Sweet Fruits, Spices, Chocolate, Toffee, Oak . A Drop of Water works Wonders.
First sweet Fruits and Honey. Then bitter (Oak wood, Espresso)