- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Feria de Jerez
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Refill Ex-Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 60.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- CBSC5 03370 20 11 17 09.35
- Added on
- 02 Feb 2018 10:55 am by Tauti
3 × in wishlist
52 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Moray 1996 SMWS 35.203
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.32 points
- a phantastic re-fill sherry whisky. dried fruits and a super yummy sherry taste. after tasting a sample i ordered 2 bottles right away :-)
- Nose developed wonderful but without a doubt, a dirty sherry.
oh, a little sulphur at first but its quickly being overtaken by good sherry notes. Caramel, caramelized sugar, its creme brulee. Cigar boxes, some marzipan and a touch of dried banana.
Oh there's the stink again, sulphury elements with plenty of rubber. Cinnamon spice and nutmeg up the palate, gentle woodiness creeping in.
Medium with soft oak lingering and sulphur.
Fresh sherry, nice dark fruits and wood combo. Pleasant and enjoyable.
Nice sweet arrival, full bodied, creamy and buttery. Not feel like 60.1%.
Medium long finish. Slightly bitter.
- nothing for me this is a bastard !!!
Sherry, dark, slightly oak, nutty, sweetness
with water: cheese
soft and full on the palate
Sulfur (Zündplätchen), dirty, apple
old, musty, oak, black rubber
- this bottle = bronze medal winner at the 2018 International Wine and Spirits Competition.
- Nice sherry whisky that reminds me a bit of the '97 Sherry Glenrothes. I like it very much! 89 pts.
Beautiful sherry nuts with a light dusty influence. Some sulfur here. Somewhat nutty like Serrano. When the second or third smell, plums and oranges are added.
The plums and orange notes as well as the sulfur (which I like) increase with water. I notice chocolate and raisins here too, later also rum. Still a bit spicy ... nutmeg?
Beautiful long finish. Here's the sherry saying that again. Add rum and seasoning.