- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 200 Years of Lagavulin Distillery Managers
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Sherry Casks
- Number of bottles
- 51.7 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 02 Feb 2018 10:16 am by jrsheppa
23 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
28 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 25-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.29 points
- Bottle # 5708 sold empty at ebay.
- Drank it on my wedding day,it were perfectly in harm with my sense. A perfect dram.
Cheese, peat, wheat, petals, vanilla.
Oak spice, peat, heavy, lipid, dried ginger water, white pepper
Long, swing, white rabbit toffee, spice
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=233 Color: Dark Copper / Amontilado Sherry Nose: Dull, dark and burned! A peppery spice rises in the glass, along with roasted nuts, BBQ, ham, charred wood, ashes, leather, medicinal aromas of iodine and an underlaid orange sweetness. With butter, caramel, raisins and honey. Taste: Balanced and quite spicy. Salt, tingling pepper, old sherry, orange peel / liqueur, nuts, almonds, chestnuts, herbs, oak and some furniture polish, tobacco and Kohlerauch. Towards the finish becoming fresher. Finish: Medium to long - tart, woody and chocolate-flavored. Peat, coal, ashes, burned asphalt, old car tires, charred wooden beams, but then again almonds, some sweetish vanilla and emerging black tea flavors. Total dry peaty finish. Comment: A rather unusual but magnificent Lagavulin! 93 points N: 93P / G: 93P / F: 92P