- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Cask Matured
- Stated Age
- 13 years old
- Rare Oloroso Sherry Cask
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Taiwan Exclusive
- Added on
- 06 Jan 2018 10:01 am by TWJoe
15 × in wishlist
63 × member ratings
171 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenlivet 13-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.90 points
- Nose is heavily sherried with stewed fruits, toffee caramel and sugar, Taste is rounded and gentle with soft oak, Finish is short and restrained. It's like Glendronach Revival but more shy.
- raisins and cooked fruit on the nose, and unmistakably deep sherry color. Sherry tannins on the palate with sweet red fruit. A touch of dark chocolate and clove and cinnamon. Short finish. A really good dram. With another 5 years it would be unbelievable. Too bad it's not more widely available.
- The nose promissed more than what it really taste like.
- Very rare to see 100% Oloroso cask matured whisky, and from the taste it seems to be all European oak! A unique age statement which lets the whisky be woody but isn't over oaked.
Shame it is a Taiwan only exclusive.
SHERRY!! No mistake here, this is definitely 100% sherry casks.
Christmas cake with marzipan on top, lots of raisins, lots of orange peel and citrus notes. Cinnamon spice and delicate oak notes. With time chocolate notes come out and subtle hints of tobacco.
Explosion of flavour. Sticky raisins and sultanas, the oranges are still there but with added spice. The tip of the tongue is sticky caramel, the sides are gingers and dark chocolate, the base is the european oak notes.
Long and lingering, back on the tobacco notes and the oak.
- dark sultry color, i have 5 bottles of these , never had such a great whisky for this age an price tag , ( taiwan import only) love it. Nice solid box , hard tot open with the holding flaps. if you can have it for a fair price , buy it or tast it .
rich and sweet, fruitcake aroma's , fragant cinnamon and a little marzipain
sumptuous an intense fruitflavers ,intermingled with spices cloves and dark chocolate gingers
long, soicy to gently dry
- Tasted on 11-03-2019 at "Glenlivet Distillery".
- Warm Milk
Glenlivet released two 13 year old versions for Taiwan. The Oloroso Sherry Cask at 40% and the same at cask strength. I will try the one at drinking strength, courtesy of my buddy tom. Will you look at that deep bronze color? Mouthwatering.
Candy-like sweetness on the obligatory dark fruit, completely as expected: dates, blueberries, plums, raisins, sugared orange peel and maraschino cherries. Add a handful of spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, liquorice) and a good dose of brown sugar. Let’s not forget chocolate. But also warm milk with honey and marzipan. All in all a very attractive and sherried nose!
It’s a bit of a lightweight body-wise. Again a mix of dark fruit, both fresh and in a stew, with the same spices as on the nose, joined by some candied ginger. A mild woody bitterness emerges, but a leaf of mint counters this nicely, making it a balanced malt.
The finish is surprisingly long. I can still taste it after a full five minutes. A lovely note of sweet tobacco at the death.
But what a pity that it is so light bodied. Then again, this is a general release for a huge audience, must not forget that. Thanks, Tom.
- Light bodied with a thin coating line. Surprisingly tenacious on the fade. Some of the dried fruit and spice stayed with me for a few minutes after finishing a sip. Distinctly different from the standard 12, but they share a bit in common. It's not the most complex sherried whisky, but it also doesn't ooze from every which way with just sherry. In my opinion, it's worth trying it if it isn't too expensive.
Dried dark fruits (cherries, prunes, cranberries, and dates), sherry sweet oak with a touch of earthy malt, maraschino cherries (bordering on Swedish fish) and candied orange and orange peel, light baking spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove) with brown sugar, and a fading touch of milk chocolate and marzipan.
Mixed fruit reduction, baking spices and brown sugar, oak and cereal malt, a light taste of dark chocolate covered candied orange peel, and a touch of chocolate mints.
Oak tannins, 70% cocoa dark chocolate with dried cranberries, and sherry tannins.