8 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 2007 AD
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.80 points
- He gets much better with a lot of water.
- This malt tolerates a good amount of water - it looks older and (who is surprised at this alcohol content) milder.
Notes from a blind tasting.
Thick and quite sweet sherry nose; must ventilate, otherwise the alcohol will kill you. Light sulfur at times.
Without water: almost brute, shows the tongue. Then the sherry aromas come through, fruit, dusty leather. Clearly more accessible with water: beautifully fruity, with an oak note that is no longer overlaid by the high alcohol content.
Medium to long, sweet and with subtle barrel notes.
- Absolutely excellent stuff. Incredible the colour and the flavour from just 10 yrs, the Spanish oak really shines. Awesome value for money too, I'd buy a case if I could get my hands on it. Nearest thing to it has been the Edradour Straight from the cask sherry, but honestly this is better.
- A great drink as I like to see them. quite high in the alcohol and that you notice at the first glass actually not immediately, but in the second one. Incidentally, certainly no drink to start the lineup .......
- gets a lot better (and tastes/smells older) with water