14 × in wishlist
82 × member ratings
140 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1997 SV
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.28 points
- Nice Whisky, but totally overrated
- This bottling already seems to be “whisky of the year” in Germany with ratings going through the roof and shameless flippers already re-selling their bottles. As for me, I will wait patiently until some more neutral drinkers will try and rate it...
- Very nice specimen of a well-matured Glenrothes! Affordable too.
- Initially very quaffable malt with typical sweeter Rothes profile. Second time slight sulphur notes detectable, don't bother me too much but they are there. Sensitives beware.
Matches. Yellow apples, apricots, some vanilla. Light raisins. Lemonade. Sawdust. A hint of brass.
Lemons, oranges, flamed pineapples. White chocolate. Effervescent powder. A hint of lavender and distant smoke.
- Farting Whisky which I like.
- Good Glenrothes. The beautiful dirty notes from Rothes are there. If you like them, then you also like the malt. The sherry gods are not that dark and citrus fruits are also in the game.
Good whisky, if you like Glenrothes. The partly well over 90 ratings, I can not understand.
- 07.04.2018 Stammtisch in Schifferstadt with Dennis