89.25/100
DL 12019
Strength
23 Dec 2017 5:16 pm by Tauti

Whisky Reviews for Speyside Distillery 1996 DL

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.25 points

1. rottendon scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

So I think that's right, really good! A balanced sherry man who has everything he needs without being overcharged. He may be a bit sprightly, but that's all within a tolerable range.

Notes from an online chat tasting.
      So I go with you! Sherry; Check! Slightly alcoholic: Check! Wine gums: Check with some imagination! Time in the glass: double check, lid is on it.
      Solvent: Also check!
      Acts after some life on me now very dark, plum jam, even with anise, I think the thyme, to a light acidity, actually a bit lemony, something with strawberries, from me also cereal, and yes, nuts are there too. Without movement, the always fresher, more lemony. I like the nose very well!
      With a little warmth, the really fruity, creamy forest berry. And then herbs are full.
    • Taste
      Full time, Holla! Pretty peppery! The fruitiness is in the mouth, honey is there. slightly tart herbs and some chocolate on the back.
      In the second sip significantly more herbs and chocolate, less pepper. I like it even better.
      The finish is rather short and unspectacular, I think that does not detract from this.

2. Issie did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

Herbs, leather, Lösungsmittel I have because I've read that now too ..., some menthol, nuts, some earth, oh yes, now come to my fruit - the typical representatives: blackberries, strawberries, pine needles (I have lately somehow quite often), I also have gummi bears, now honey is added, now comes some old wood
      The solvent disappears almost completely
      Now just a real torrent of nuts and herbs ... I kinda remembered a bit of cress grown on cotton
      Strawberry cereal is good .. I have it now too
    • Taste
      at first quite soft with a nice honey sweetness, a little apple, again the strawberries, nuts, then some lime, then grapefruit, wood, coffee and turns up the intensity and it is also pepper behind
      with the second sip, herbs are added as well