- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon Barrels + Oloroso Sherry Cask Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L7219 12 19 P/002500
- Added on
- 20 Dec 2017 10:49 am by Andytka3
17 × member ratings
14 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Isle of Jura 12-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.40 points
- un côté assez boisé,du fruité sur les mandarines,la pêche et du raisin un peu confit,un peu madérisé,des épices assez fortes,et en retour une trace de fumée,c'est simple,mais fin et typique de la distillerie!
- Sure, an improvement over the 10, but still not a malt to be reckoned with. Pity.
The nose is more of the same as the 10 Year Old, just a tad sweeter. Some more vanilla and caramel and oranges. But the less impressive notes return here as well. Luckily they are better masked by the sweetness. Very grassy though. Slowly but surely I get some candied and dark fruit in the mix. That must be the sherry cask speaking. Which is good, for this nose needed it.
Ouch, the body is watery. Flat. Truly a pity, but again I get mostly wet cardboard and oranges, a sack of jute and mud. The salty edge gives it some charm, but that still does not make it a fine malt.
The finish is medium long, sweet versus salt, but bitterness has the final say.
- New core range to replace the current Jura 10YO. With older liquid in the blend, would hoped it will have a better delivery of flavour and quality compare to the personally I think a very generic 10YO.
Varnish and grass smoke, toasted oak. Modernly sweet, chocolate, diluted dried fruits. Short, pleasant with hint of earth. Lack any sort of grip and remains ordinary when put this along side others.
— at Whisky Live Singapore.