- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Highland Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Bourbon + Tawny Port Pipes
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label
- Bottle code
- L 06 10 17
- Added on
- 15 Dec 2017 3:18 pm by RR60
2 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
96 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 14-year-old - Port Casks
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.24 points
- A very good example of a port wood finish. Plenty of wine notes but not overpowering. Medium to long finish, very moorish... Bought for around €30 and great value for money.
- One of my absolute favorites. Wine, wine, wine !!!
Wonderful wine note, extremely fruity -> dark fruit (berries) and light fruit (peach and melon), light wood note, no alcohol note, light vanilla, caramel in the background.
Mouth immediately filled with wine taste, creamy, strong onset, very fruity, slightly nutty (walnut), dry, slightly bitter on the finish.
Light please but still fruity with a nut flavor.
- A typical decent beginner whisky. More unfortunately not.
A port fan is not happy from the nose. In the second and third nose you discover the port a bit. OK.
But everything else and the red fruits, all too much soft washed.
You get the impression he has something of everything but never enough of something! He disappoints me.
Actually relatively long and very spicy / alcoholic, but with some undertones that bother me about him. Rather indefinable.
- Especially in the nose great complex, in the taste a little less fruity. Very interesting combination and definitely a good PLV. Highly recommended.
Very fruity with lots of sweetness, with a touch of vanilla. Toll complex, mild, all flavors go well together.
Full and sweet, fruit is something in the background. Slight notes of chocolate, some oak. Very intensive.
Fruitiness and sweetness disappear almost completely, the oak dominates, quite dry. Pretty short.