22 × in wishlist
94 × member ratings
74 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2005 ElD
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.50 points
- Sulfur, sulfur and more sulfur. Clad the whole mouth, really disgusting. Add acid, sauerkraut, grapefruit, vinegar. Almost more disgusting than the Bruichladdich Islay Trail. Because this one still has the stuffy note of a NATO shop, damp basement galore. I had only once, so probably the barrel mold has started. There are such great sails from the sherry barrel, but this one is not bottled.
- Highly marked by the sherry cask whether in color or taste, it is very good and an interesting variant to the neighboring barrels bottled by Signatory which are more peaty and less Sherry. I do not know what people drunk talking about suffering, I did not even when the bottle was opened.
- Absolute sulfur bomb. Sherry? Hardly a trace. Like finding a piece of wood on the crater of a volcano and distracting it after 4 days without a sip of water. If you would like to bring your acid base household into an imbalance, you are welcome to do so. Do with this bottling.
I advise against the purchase.
- Not my cup of tea. Normaly i do like the combination of peated Whisky and Sherry cask maturation....but this one is a bit too dry, too sulphurous and with a sharp alcoholic note. Maybe someone else loves this....i do not :-(
- Enthusiasm 4/5 Whisky n ° 1732
Wooded "dry". Biscuit little sweet. Sherry very marked. Aromatic peat quite discreet for the age, with a note of incense.
In the mouth, we find the muscular side that we appreciate in Ledaig, with a lot of relief.
Finish very spicy, with pepper in particular. Tannic and persistent.
- I love Sherry I love Peat and i love Ledaig. So it was a hope to get something quite special.
But ! was rather disappointed with this one. Better go to your local dealer and buy Red Label. I this case you know what you buy!
- Very happy somebody catched my reserved bottles. Wouldn't buy it again. Not my taste although I love Ledaig. Remembers me too much to a Caroni Rum.
- Really a funky BOMB! Compared with Signatory's 2004 and 2005 casks, this is a very dark beauty. But in reality it is not sooo dark as on the photo above.