14 × in wishlist
120 × member ratings
320 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Jameson Caskmates
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.45 points
- Nose: The expressiveness is very expressive, the aroma is overwhelming, and the unique flavor. If you are blind tasting, you will not necessarily think of beer, but you will definitely nod when you talk about beer. Hops, honey, floral, simple, clear, and straightforward until it hits you.
Drink: The wine has a good body fat, hops, honey, floral, juice, simple, sweet, expressiveness is still good, and there are many sweetness brought by hops in the end rhyme.
Overall: I'm afraid this is not formalism. The flavor of IPA beer is very good. It is undoubtedly a very successful product, and the price is still so affordable. Thank you.
Quiet sweet on first contact, but I must say, the IPA character comes through pretty nicely. A very singular kind of bitterness on the nose. Citric acid, bitter, white and pink grapefruit. With literally a drop of water, it gets a little more one dimensional to the advantage of the sweetness.
Of course, very light, but consequently very drinkable, luscious. With the water, the taste does not change much.
Slightly bitter, citrus peel, citrus oils on the finish
- It’s.. interesting I guess. There aren’t many beer-finished whisk(e)ys out there and I appreciate the experience. From an objective (for the most part) point of view, this isn’t great. It’s what you’d expect from the basic entry level budget Jameson but the beer cask brings a few new (mostly unexciting) flavors to the table. I’d take this over the standard Jameson any day of the week, but that’s not saying much.
Obviously young. Hoppy citrus, lemon, orange, mint leaf, shortbread cookie, pineapple, mango, maybe even a little passionfruit, very slight wood. By far the best part of this whiskey, I would actually quite enjoy the nose if it wasn’t for the oh-so present ethanol smell.
Metallic & sweet at first. The hoppy note from the IPA barrel is noticable. The sweetness soon dissipates and turns quite spicy and bitter (zesty). Shiny vanilla, grapefruit, unripe green fruits, dill and overly steeped tea come to mind. Not pleasant.
Very short, sour citrus and cardboard, becomes dry.
- n: black beer, sweet, hops, old wood, leafs, citrus, vanilla
t: smooth, nice sweet, black beer
a: vanilla, black beer, creamy, cereal
- Great price-quality ratio
citric, fresh fruit, green house, hints of hops, wet new wood, sweet, floral, licorice, complex
gentle, dry/slightly sweet, citric, floral, cookies/fruity
citric, medium-long, woody, simple but pleasant
- Jameson Caskmates IPA is a blend of malt and unmalted distillates, which before bottling was finished in India Pale Ale barrels.
Apples, grapefruits, pine, pears, spices, nuts, cinnamon
Hops, cocoa, honey, oak, ginger, and lemon peel.
Caramel, Creme Brulee,.
- Room temperature when drinking: 18 ℃
Viewing Eyes: Copper Gold
Smell Nose: beer, kind of squeezed like Kirin, dried wheat, baguette, yeast dough, loofah wipes, chayote, mint
Taste Palate: the sweetness of syrup is slightly heavier, the bitterness of cranberries, cantaloupe, sweet orange, kumquat, dark beer
Finishing rhyme: medium, shredded sweet potato, watermelon crumbs, honeydew melon, flower cake
Body of the wine: medium to light, with fat, a certain thickness, no tannin
Overall: 83.5 / 100
- Bottling on August 12, 2019 cost me 99RMB.
The light, dense aromas of coconut, malt and hops are tangy.
Large amount of malt extract, medium aftertaste, bitter.