- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Spanish Oak Finish
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Ex-Bourbon Casks + Spanish Oak Finish
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 1690404 L5 08:20 17304
- Added on
- 09 Dec 2017 10:48 am by drambo.de
14 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
131 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tobermory 15-year-old
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.17 points
- typical Tobermory aroma (musty, salty) with a pleasant, soft and slightly sweet taste, fine length in the finish. But still too expensive.
- Tried on April 14th, 2018: PRE Whisky TASTING "Whisky FAIR LIMBURG 2018", Villa Konthor
It was promising at first, but it subsided too quickly and somehow stayed strange in the mouth ... what a shame
first musty again, then briefly chocolate and coffee, flowery, salt, light bourbon ... cloves, light honey and malt ... light smoky note
sweet, oily, sparkling, light pepper, dark fruits ... old wood
short, woody, slightly musty .... somehow stale ... barely noticeable barrel
- I really liked it on the palate but nose and finish scare me off
Vanilla, slightly weird, slightly chemical, oak
full on the palate
bitter, leather really cool !!!
bitter, herbs, cardboard
- He already has these tobermory notes (so dirty, earthy notes and also maritime). But otherwise seems relatively pale and flat. Also a bit spicy. Little exciting. I expected more.
Fresh and sour. Flourish apples, unripe grapes. Moist clay soil.
Light. Mild honey, some pepper. White chocolate, mineral water, slightly bitter. In short, a bit thin.