- Single Grain
- Whisky Import Nederland (WIN)
- Bottling serie
- First Cask
- Stated Age
- 41 years old
- Bourbon American Oak
- 84883 + 84884
- Number of bottles
- 42.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Jul 2009 11:04 pm
one in wishlist
12 × member ratings
7 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Strathclyde 1965 WIN
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.70 points
- Vanilla gourmet nose, coconut, a hint of strawberry, roasted note and solvent. Very sweet mouth rather on a vanilla / cereal combo, aqueous texture. Long enough finish on coffee and a return to the roasted side. Friendly without being exceptional.
- I was quite surprised to find there a whiskey, certainly grain, but probably too light, too short to identify it to a whiskey. The 79 points of Serge Valentin are quite severe
Marked by varnish, exotic wood, vanilla. Together a little sweet. Blind tested, I immediately said a rum ...
Very easy, light, a little sweet, always wood, vanilla, coconut and ripe banana. Always the sensation of a rum of British tradition.
Medium spicy (pepper, even curry and turmeric).
- Deep gold color, vanilla nose, coconut, little fruit. Mouth very sweet, thick, vanilla, coconut, very slightly sweet. Final very short, spicy.
- Shared Cask with First Cask http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/37617/strathclyde-1965-fc
Same dates but different abv by Càrn Mòr http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/9480/strathclyde-1965-cm