- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Rum Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Dec 2017 3:03 pm by z-imaging
23 × in wishlist
66 × member ratings
278 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Miyagikyo Rum Wood Finish
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.41 points
- Tropical fruits, pear, green apple, toffee, vanilla, cereals, pretty straightforward and easy to drink
- Joa, eigtl I love tropical whisky so yes, but somehow it does not work 100% round and Miyagikyo I almost do not taste it, difficult.
At first mango and papaya, very fresh rum, some pear juice, lemongrass and green apple, later the nose becomes more conservative, honey, toffee, sweet malt, some oak
Apples red and green, papaya, banana, coconut, mango and tropical honey, sweet malt, could also have been a junk with rumfinish, toffee and malt becomes backwards like in the nose getting stronger with dry, crispy oak
Dry, crispy oak, malt, dry pear and apples, medium length
- A good whisky, a standard sweet-woody mineral profile, slightly burdened with industrial notes and a bust with oak on the palate, as well as very nice, powerful, invigorating. Water games in principle did not give anything.
Open, dry, first nose - leather goods; fresh boards, lemon peel, leather goods, mineral notes - stone chips, mineral water, drying plaster; flower and honey shades, a little carpentry workshop, industrial textiles. With water it blooms, it becomes fresher, lighter, drier and more mineral, with tropical and creamy notes.
Powerful, rich, many oak, lemon zest, sweet syrup notes, pepper wave, vanilla, camphor, ether, leather goods, wax, polish, knitting young bark, herbal tones. With water, it loses its primary pressure, it becomes more calm and lazy.
Spicy, warming, oak, a little astringent bark, lemon wedge in tea, bergamot, candied citrus. With water a little more airy, sweeter.
- A Miyagikyo well tied, rich, ample and complex, combining finesse and righteousness. The finish brings the exotic richness, not displease us, it will give satisfaction to lovers of rums and whiskys. If it had to be given a subjective note, it would be a 87.
Amber gold dress. Neoprene glue, the futs intersect aromatically: nuts such as nuts, hazelnuts and berries. Apple, pear and a powdery cocoa, sweet almond. A beautiful exoticism on yellow peach, mango and carom.
Oily texture, it is particularly round and fruity, pear melted chocolate, white peach and sweet spices, vanilla, caramel. Young leather and blond tobacco accompany a soft wood. It's rich. We follow on the granny apple, the wax and honey encompassing a beautiful exoticism.
The finish is long on exotic fruits.
- If you want to byu Yoichi and Miyagikyo rum finish on LMDW, you must be registered