- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Calculated age
- 08 years old
- American Oak Casks ex-Bourbon & Tennessee
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L/161719 17/333
- Added on
- 03 Dec 2017 5:05 pm by Cerebrum
16 × in wishlist
64 × member ratings
140 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich 2009 - The Organic
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.66 points
- The cereals, the earth, slightly humid, some weeds, limestone, one would think to caress the humus, the barley sways with the wind, grain of wheat, a leaf of tree is torn under the hand. A field in wet weather. Profile very peasant, small farmer. In the mouth, very honeyed, barely lemon and vanilla, white fruit, dry at the end of the mouth, then final again earthy, leafy, deep, almost charcoal.
- Very enjoyable summer dram. Strong minerality and some sweetness with honey, reminds me of some kid’s vitamins.
This was a bar sample acquired on Bruichladdich’s Feis Ile Open Day 2018, enjoyed in Campbeltown a year later.
C: A very giving solid performer with a wide spread of clean fresh summery offerings. That barley talks a good talk.
- A whisky that takes time and attention to fully unveil!
Good bite of alcohol, then arrives a procession of citrus fruits, between the grapefruit and the orange, and finally, after fifteen minutes, a sumptuous touch of crème brûlée enrobe all.
Very soflty. The fineness of the distillate is very good with a good taste of sweet grain.
A good length that leaves mainly sweet touches, vanilla with a hint of honey