- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Calculated age
- 04 years old
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Fill Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 23 Nov 2017 8:54 am by holborndrinker
5 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
56 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Sexton Single Malt - Irish Whiskey
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.18 points
- The Sexton Irish Single Malt comes from Ireland and belongs to the Bushmills group. The Sexton Single Malt is also distilled there. Of course, the copper stills of the Old Bushmills Distillery are used for the triple distillation. For the 4-year storage medium toasted Oloroso sherry casks are used. The The Sexton Irish Single Malt is made with 40.0% vol. bottles.
Malty-sweet with notes of dark chocolate, nuts and marzipan and a hint of allspice.
Starts out sweet with notes of honey and vanilla, dried fruits and delicate oak.
Medium length with fruit and spicy sweet oak.
- Flaviar whiskies of the galaxy advent calendar day 16
Smell is solvent, vegetable, herbal/bitter, earthy.
Taste is better than the aroma, not quite solvent/cleaner but still somewhat harsh. Some honey sweetness, earthy bitterness and again herbal.
- Very one-dimensional, nice all day dram or as a starter at tasting ..
I think the bottle is almost as valuable as the whiskey
- So this is said to be Bushmills. Bushmills fr om its worst side aparently