- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Revival - Vol. IV
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Muscat Port Barrels
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L17 002 272
- Added on
- 19 Nov 2017 9:10 am by holborndrinker
9 × in wishlist
58 × member ratings
115 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Teeling 15-year-old
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.89 points
- Normally I'm not spending time drinking Irishmen but after an international themed meeting with my friends I have to admit there are some great Irish whiskies out there and this is certainly one of them!
It's fresh, fruity, sweet and a tad sour. Apples, immature kiwi, pineapple, saw dust and a hint of almonds. Very pleasant stuff Well balanced.
Very full bodied and tastefull. Thick and creamy body. One to keep in your mouth for quite a while. It's nicely sweet and balanced. Well matured stuff.
Long finish. Silky and sweet. Ripe peach and a hint of fresh wood. It gives a pleasant fresh finale. Excellent stuff!
- This was the first in line in a line up of non-Scottish whisk(e)y. Surprisingly full bodied taste for its 46% abv.
Fresh, fruity and like "Kaleva" correctly mentioned below, somewhat whiny.
Oily, spicy, fruity again. Warm and full body.
Medium long to long. Warm, somewhat sharp. Fading away slowly.
- Delicious Irishman! Thanks to HENRY WOLF for the recommendation!
- Nice whisky with light winy and fruity profile. Also with spicy palate (like Volume II) but with quite different overall impression. The price tag is similar to other Revival expressions (around 100 euros), which makes this bottling quite affordable purchase.
Fresh, winy with notable notes of moscatel, ripe green pear, apricots and pineapple, dark caramel, toasted white bread, caramelized lemon zest, hints of vanilla
Punchy, spicy (white pepper, ginger), slightly sweet, nutty notes, porridge, fruits (peaches, tropical ones - bananas, lychees), noticeable oak
Medium-long, getting dry, oaky with light bitterness and tropical fruity sweetness
- Very good
- Enthusiasm Nose and mouth: 3/5 Final 4/5 Whisky n ° 1676
Very fresh and light on the nose. Sweet and delicate with a little exoticism that is pointing the tip of his nose. Slightly toasted.
Presence with cooked fruits.
The influence of muscat is here obvious! Fruity finish while exoticism.