- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Bourbon Casks, Finished in Pedro Ximenéz Cask
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Nov 2017 8:19 am by Candide
48 × member ratings
129 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenglassaugh Pedro Ximenéz Sherry Wood Finish
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.74 points
- the nose is promising, nice sherry influence, dark fruits, some chocolate, nice. the first sip was quite disturbing. at first it seemed that there was not much going on. Takes a while until this one kicked in on my taste buds. but than it was really nice. raisins, sweet dark fruits, dried apricots, some traces of nuts, some nice gentle spices from the oak. Finish was sweet and just fine for this NAS dram!
- For me the best out the glenglassaugh wood finish serie !!
Sweet, nutty, PX sherry nose with the dark fruits and raisins. Nothing new or exeptional so far beside an earthy hint in the background.
Not bad mouthfeel, reasonable thickness and oily. Rich fruity flavours and sweet barley with a nice spicy touch on top. Good mix.
Medium sweet barley finish and drying out a little very slow.
- Nose: toffee, hazelnut, subtle sweetness, some cherry, figs, behind light fruits (pear), metallic, menthol, slightly dull, sometimes changes to burnt rubber, alcoholic, poorly balanced
Taste: the first Punch through the sweet PX, which is also well interspersed, plum, nut, a little pear and hardly oak
Finish: very short, here again the PX influence with toffee, caramel, raisins and dried plums, then follow a few bright fruits, behind the back he is very flat and disappears without leaving an impression.
Water: The nose does not change much with a few drops, the taste will make the PX feel a bit stronger
Conclusion: Mhh, am I mad as a fan of the 70s + 80s glass eyes? He does not really care about me. The nose is too musty, just the slight gum note, which shows up again and again, does not even say, He is too young for me. Just give the distillate some more time to mature. These were my thoughts on the aroma. But in taste he convinces me a lot better. The is tasty and slightly sweet, can be good drink, just with a few drops of water. So: nothing to sniff and hours of flavor search, but just a malt to drink - 81 points
Vanilla, caramel, sweet ximenez, sharp accents
Medium, sweet tongue