- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch Irish Whiskey
- finished in 1st-fill charred bourbon casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Malones Whiskey Company Ltd.
- Added on
- 07 Nov 2017 3:01 pm by ThomasTNT
3 × in wishlist
18 × member ratings
46 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Flaming Pig Black Cask
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 75.56 points
- Smell is delicate, almost imperceptible. Like glass of water. And similarities with water are over here. First impression is sweet. Caramel. Second a little spicey with sharp accent, which You will feel to the end. Bourbon influence is omnipresent, very explicit and dominate. I'm affraid that would problem with distinguish it with bourbon during no name degustation. Not good enough to buy it again.
- A small batch blend of single grain and single malt Irish whiskey, finished in first fill bourbon casks which have been intensely charred. The burnt wood imparts a richer, slightly smoky, flavour to the whiskey. Butterscotch and tropical fruits on the nose, with concentrated spice, nutty notes and vanilla sweetness in the taste. The finish is smooth and mellow with an intense richness. It is bottled at 40% ABV, chill filtered and with no added colouring.