- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Rare Cask Series
- Stated Age
- 32 years old
- 3rd fill->1st fill Bourbon,Claret Wine Finish
- Number of bottles
- 48.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- HIDDEN GLORY
- Bottle code
- L161570 17/271
- Added on
- 04 Nov 2017 8:53 am by mandragoru
38 × in wishlist
54 × member ratings
102 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich 1985
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.92 points
- old and dignified, really complex stuff. sweet, vanilla, some dark honey, grapes, moldy wine cellar, spices, bitter oak but really likeable. dark chocolate, fruity again, some citrus. that is really a rollercoaster ride. extremly well balanced. nose, taste and finish - for me all on the same high level. Fine dram to taste and enjoy! (WSZ18)
- By Serge
Bruichladdich 32 yo 1985/2017 (48.7%, OB, Rare Casks Series, Bourbon, Fresh Bourbon, French Oak, 4200 bottles): 86 Punkte
- Ripe, set whisky. Great, mature, sweet ex-bourbon notes meet a very fine and elegant red wine finish. Nice berry fruit aromas and light acidity.
Crunchy dry on the finish.
- Big, bold and freaking delicious. The bourbon influence is loud and proud. My mouth started to salivate in anticipation for my wife's coconut banana rum bread with walnut flakes. On the buds it hits strong, and makes me think of a full frontal parkers heritage with a fruity finish.
Mad points for an insanely drinkable bottle.
- Color:the blood with water
Nose:grape skins, tannins, black currant, strawberry red berries, such as oak spices, caramel, sweet fruit cake, a trace of the roses
Palate: sweet, silky soft, sweet and sour preserved fruit, fruit pudding, cream cakes
Finish: long, sweet and sour plum, cassis, sweet.
Conclusion: website said only after three months in French oak barrels (tips for mouton rothschild bucket, but officials did not say), worried about only had three months before drinking red wine barrel how much effect. In fact, enough for three months.Nose, palate, with a full red wine barrel, from time to time leave some bourbon barrels of caramel, flowers, cream and so on, the two sides clasp. Three months in barrels can achieve such a change, level of red wine barrel is filled, at the same time can only sigh, buchholz lardy way of bucket of resources and use barrels, it is.
- The 1985 comes from the final 22 casks of legacy stock originally filled into gentle third fill bourbon casks that lay untouched until 2012 when it was re-casked into fresh Bourbon before a final coup de grace in French oak from one of the greatest French chateaux.
Notes by BRUICHLADDICH
An amazing array of notes. Blood orange, nectarines, banana bread, desiccated coconut, vanilla custard, then more floral and nutty tones, geranium, marzipan, walnut, heather honey.
Tremendous presence on the palate, the texture is wondrously soft and syrupy. The short ACE in the wine casks has given a warm, nutmeg hint and a layer of fruity notes, raspberry, blackcurrant jam and ripe plum, all perfectly balanced by years in American oak – cinder toffee, lemon meringue and coconut - bounty bar sweet. It opens continually to reveal layer upon layer of complexity.
Long and gentle, the oak influence is strong with waves of soft vanilla wafer, toffee and sandalwood. Then lemon barley sugars, a hint of salted caramel and apricot syrup.