- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Seasons - Autumn 2017
- Calculated age
- 11 years old
- 1st Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 50.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky
- Added on
- 03 Nov 2017 5:08 pm by McBeck
6 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
142 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tamdhu 2006 SV
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.70 points
- Except his filthiness rather unspectacular
Sulfur of matches, rotten eggs, metallic, cloves, bitter orange, a hint of earthy ash - with the addition of water comes a grain component, brown bread
Again the match sulfur, sherry, burnt dried slices of orange, bread
dry and short with a sour touch
- I say, you do not feel the alcohol. If you do not like sulfur, you can probably find it really awful ... It's okay, but that's all.
Hui, a whole helping of sulfur ... Freshly lit matches, egg notes, grape seeds and shells, cider, orange peel, becomes round in the glass and light-fruity, over ripe apples, a hint of hazelnut, even less plum, followed by brown bread , Yeast dough
Sour creamy, slightly spicy, again with matches, grape seeds, here more orange, nuts and plums here clearer, sour apples, bad apple juice
Orange, again typical Oloroso notes, sweet, dry wood, fewer matches than in the mouth, stays pretty long
- More Nelkentöne than already at the Craigellachie and Glenallachie before. That's not my thing.
Very intense orange peel and cloves, behind it is a slightly dry touch of a black bread crust, but that could also be a slightly ashy smoky note, after a while, the orange note develops into a fresh and sparkling orange,
Creamy and sparkling on the tongue, orange, nutty, very peppery, strong oak and also a noticeable bitterness
The orange peel dominates, but the liveliness remains in the finish and extends the pleasure, in the end remains a distinct bitterness
- Very special malt. I think the sulfur is too dominant in the nose. In the mouth and finish, however, it is more reserved and more aromas come through. It's perfectly alright.
a lot of sulfur rises into the nose, like burned matches which is very dominant and strongly pushes other aromas into the background, some plum comes in the background. But light fruits also get through easily
Here too the sulfur notes first, spicy, spicy, somewhat sweet, light fruits come out more than on the nose, slightly nutty
sweetish, light fruits, slightly spicy, a little orange, becoming oily, becoming bitter.
- Great nose, bad taste on the palate. 79 points.
Great (very slightly sulfuric) PX nose. Sweet. Cherries. Leather. Fermented fruit.
Leathery, sweetish and full. Something Seltdames that I can not identify in the nachschmecken. Furry and penetrating.
Mid-sweet, furry sweet.
Begins with a tremendous fruitiness of dried apricots and lightly sulphurised light raisins. Then beautiful sherry tones next to toffee-like caramel note and almonds. In the background grassy freshness, rancio and overripe oranges. With water: sweeter, caramel but also more fruity. Dried apricot and sherry.
Full grassy sherry tones, almonds, instant coffee or perhaps coffee with caramel and nut syrup as well as caramel malt, orange zest and delicate oak. With water: poets and spicier, pepper, allspice, oak, roasted maltiness, rosy sherry notes and walnut ice cream.
Long, delicate sherry, dried apricots, raisins, latte, oak and malt.
- the first time he tasted much better. there were also marzipan notes. but now when keys are not getting so much out :-(
sweet ... alcohol ... caramel with floral notes ... cake dough
again sweet ... dry ... slightly flowery
prickles on the tongue ... milder than expected ...
- Nose: nicely dirty with light sulfur, umami (meaty) and vegetable broth, otherwise very light with rather light fruits (yellow plums, grapes and apples), nice Oloroso flavor (orange peel and a hint of nuts) which is not too intrusive but a nice Adds sweetness and spice to the whisky. Very idiosyncratic and intense but certainly not the massive sherry bomb that many expect. But I like this filthiness.
Taste: sparkling but velvety, it spreads in the mouth, orange cream, again this sulphurous and fleshy spicy note, peppery oak and then on the finish dry sherry sweetness, walnut ice cream with orange syrup, sulfur and short bitter oak. Medium long and very intense. What a great, dirty and intense taste of sure something will split. He is great for me.
Finally a seasons whisky that I like but certainly not everyone will agree with me. For this he is too dirty ^^