- Whiskybase ID
- Single Grain
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Fishes of Samoa
- Stated Age
- 23 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 53.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- the Gathering 2017
- Added on
- 01 Nov 2017 2:05 pm by Bachess
11 × in wishlist
75 × member ratings
68 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cameronbridge 1994 Arc
20 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.03 points
- Soft, classic grain nose (coconut, vanilla, honey and pencil shavings), but the sherry cask adds a lot of extra depth, without being overwhelming. Some tropical fruits emerge, alongside the darker berries, cream and a hint of roast coffee. Lovely stuff! Very similar profile on the palate, will the lighter grain spirit gaining body and depth from the sherry cask. Medium-length, warming but soft finish. Great cask selection and a perfect example of how good a single grain can be.
- Very nice grain, with a lot of warm and sweet notes. Later on some more fruits on the palate. Very enjoyable.
Sweet, fresh cake, 'oliebollen', powder sugar, waffels. A lot of warm and sweet notes. Some fruits, 'appelflappen', like the whole 'oliebollenkraam' passes along. And some fresh baked bread.
Some later, more fruits now, like pineapple.
Very soft and smooth yet full-bodied. Vanilla, 'oliebollen', powder sugar sweetness. Some honey, creamy structure.
Again very smooth and soft, still full. Freshly baked bread and cake, 'oliebollen' and vanilla. Pretty long finish. Later on some red fruits as well.
Quite perfumy. Blueberry, blood orange, caramel and a little glue.
Caramel, blueberry, blood orange and tonic.
Caramel, raisin and blood orange.
Honey, white pepper, ink, glue, dry apricot, mango, vinegar, vanilla, sugar, grass
salt, honey, citrus, pepper, oils, autumn leaves
Crème brûlée, cane sugar, sweet honey, semi-dry, minerals, pepper
Floral, vanilla and lots of fruit.
Powerful, alcoholic and sweet, lots of tropical fruit.
Long and sweet
- Tasted at the recent WB Whisky diner at Zino's. We had a delicious steak tartare on the side, or was it the other way around. Excellent choice though.
- This was a sample courtesy of WB team.